We have 2 new Federal Bills out to support.
S. 344 by Sen. Roger Wicker (MS) A bill to outlaw mid-level Ethanol grades of fuel including E-15.
State Legislative Coordinator
ABATE of Illinois, Inc.
To prohibit the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency from approving the introduction into commerce of gasoline that contains greater than 10-volume-percent ethanol, and for other purposes.
Please call both your U.S. Senators and ask them to sign on to this most important bill.
Senator Dick Durbin (202) 224-2152 Washington, D.C. office and (312) 353-4952 Chicago office.
Senator Mark Kirk (202) 224-2854, Washington, D.C. office and (312) 886-2117 Chicago office
H.R. 875 by Rep. J. Sensenbrenner (Wis.) To provide for a comprehensive assessment of the scientific and technical research on the implications of the use of mid-level ethanol blends, and for other purposes.
Please call your Representative and ask them to support this most important bill
House switch board # (202) 224-3121 and ask for your U.S. Representative's #.
- E-15 is the first step in pushing E-10 out of the market taking away our choice in what fuel we need to burn. This is how we lost our E-0 fuel . We can live with E-10 but not E-15
- There are no motorcycles made today that were designed to run on E-15.
- At pumps with a single hose system we will be forced to buy 4 gal of E-15 if the previous customer had purchased E-15 and many of our motorcycles only have a 2-4 gal tanks.
- There are no inboard/outboard marine engines or small engines, chainsaw, lawnmowers, weed eaters, home generators, etc, etc produced that are designed to run on E-15. How many millions of small motors are in the state of Illinois?
- Ethanol is another reason your beef, pork, poultry, eggs, milk and many grocery shelf items including corn oil have all climbed in price! Bikers do have to eat!
- California (CARB) says they are years away from giving E-15 an OK and the AAA who has 45 million members is suggesting its members not purchase E-15 because of the many concerns which have not been answered.
- There is only a hand full of cars that were designed to run on E-15. The motorcycle world and the auto world have already stated that consumers may be voiding their warranties if they are found using E-15.
- There were only 8 different autos tested on E-15 and only their emission systems were tested, not the engines.
- Please stop E-15 until it has had a comprehensive assessment of the scientific and technical research on the implications of the use of mid-level ethanol blends, and for other purposes.
Top of Page
A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois Inc. -
311 E. Main Street, Suite 418 -
Galesburg, IL 61401
Phone: 800-87-ABATE -
Local: (309) 343-6588 -
Fax: (309) 343-6387